Comment on page
Establishing a workspace connection to a BigQuery data warehouse allows any workflow in that workspace to access tables from datasets in BigQuery.
To establish a connection to your BigQuery data warehouse, click the Integrations tab in your workspace and select New Integration.
When establishing a connection, the following information is required:
Importing data uses the BigQuery Storage API, which must be enabled on your Google Cloud Platform account.
To connect Cascade to your BigQuery project, you will need to create a service account for Cascade to use.
- 1.Navigate to the Google Developers Console. Before proceeding, click on the drop down to the left of the search bar and select the project to which you want to connect. Once selected, choose Credentials in the left menu:
- 2.Click CREATE CREDENTIALS and choose Service account:
- 3.Enter a name for the new service account, optionally add a description, and click CREATE:
- 4.Your service account requires two Google BigQuery predefined roles:
Select the first role in the Select a role field, then click ADD ANOTHER ROLE and select the second role.After selecting both roles, click CONTINUE:
- BigQuery > BigQuery Data Editor
- BigQuery > BigQuery Job User
- 5.Click Done:
- 6.This will create your service account, which needs a key to access. Select the service account you just created, then click KEYS, then Add Key:
- 7.Select JSON and click CREATE:
- 8.The JSON key will be saved to your computer. BE SURE TO REMEMBER WHERE IT IS SAVED. After noting the download location, click CLOSE:
- 1.Return to Cascade, and begin the process to connect a BigQuery database. When you see the form to enter your BigQuery credentials, first enter a name for the new database connection.
- 2.Open the service account key you downloaded from BigQuery in a text editor, and copy the contents.
- 3.In the Key field, paste the contents of the service account key into the text box.
- 4.Click Test and Save to complete the connection.
Once an integration is established, open a workflow and select Import from BigQuery to pull data from your database into Cascade.